Ross Township Parks
**FIRST RESPONDERS FREE MUST SHOW CREDENTIALS **
(NOT BADGES!)–POLICE, FIRE FIGHTERS,
EMA AND PARAMEDICS
Entrance Fee (Resident)
- $3.00 per car
- $7.00 SUV (Large 6-15 people)
- $50.00 per bus (16 + people)
- FREE – Seniors Car (60+)
Entrance Fee (Non-resident)
- $7.00 per car
- $12.00 SUV (Large 6-15 people)
- $50.00 per bus (16+ people)
- $28.00 Resident
- $60.00 Non Resident
- FREE Senior Resident (60 +)
- Grilling is permitted only in established grills or privately owned grills. Portable grills or stoves are not permitted on combustible picnic tables. gas grills and electric grills are permitted. Do Not Dump Any Ashes From Grills!
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is limited to shelter or picnic areas only.
- Pets shall be on a leash not more than six feet in length and under the owner’s control at all times. Owners are responsible for cleanup. STRICTLY ENFORCED BY STAFF.
- Additional Equipment such as the use of tents or other equipment requires prior approval of the Ross Township business office.
- NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED ON GRASS. For safety reasons, motorists are to observe speed limits are posted.
- Noise Disturbances – Due to proximity of other shelters and picnic areas; amplified music or loudspeakers are not allowed. However, a radio and boom box are permitted.
- Soliciting, peddling, fund-raising, collecting fees is not allowed on park property.
- The use of water craft (expect park issued) is not allowed.
Hidden Lake Park
Hidden Lake Park is located at 6355 Broadway, Merrillville, IN. Special events are scheduled throughout the year starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Experience the paddleboats, shelters, concessions, softball games, disc golf, fitness trail, sledding hill and social center.
Cemetery Park & Veterans Memorial Park
The Cemetery Park is located at 720 E 73rd Avenue, Merrillville, IN The statue, located at the park, honors our Veterans and the Cemetery dates back to the early 1800s.
A neighborhood park named for the land pioneer developer Olind Skinner. The entrance is located at 69th Place and Delaware Street in Merrillville. The park features a 2 1/2 acre pond and a family sized picnic shelter on the west side of the pond along with a grassy picnic area. The park covers 9.1 acres.
This 9 acre park is located 1/2 mile west of Taft Street on 73rd Avenue in Merrillville. Activities include a 5 acre lake, picnic shelter and playground. The park is ideal for a quiet afternoon of picnicking and fishing.
Green Acres Park
This neighborhood park is located at the north end of Green Acres Subdivision. The entrance is at 7406 W 74th Avenue, Merrillville The park sits on 5 acres featuring a baseball field, a small playground and picnic facilities.